As every mom knows, getting out of the house on time...with kids, can be very challenging. If you are like me, you’re usually rushing around the house making sure you have everything packed and ready, then realize you have maybe ten minutes left (if that) to pull yourself together. This is me on the reg!
Since the struggle is real, I want to share my five minute makeup routine, step-by-step, for all those times you are beating the clock, frantically running out the door but want to look presentable.
1) NARS Skin Multi-Action Hydrating Toner – I always use a toner before applying my makeup to prevent breakouts. I like to make sure all dirt is removed and that I’m applying makeup to a fresh, clean surface.
2) Beauty Counter Nourishing Day Cream - All-natural ingredients, super light, and moisturizing. Love!
3) Clarins Beauty Flash Balm – A little goes a long way with this primer. It adds an extra layer of moisture, keeps my makeup in place, and makes my skin look radiant and smooth.
4) NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer – Provides great coverage. Dot under your eye and over any areas that are red (for me, that’s around my nose). Blot with your finger, beauty blender, or with a concealer brush.
5) Bare Minerals Matte Finish Foundation Powder – I’ve been using this foundation powder for years and I love it. It provides great coverage without looking cakey especially during these hot summer months.
6) Charlotte Tilbury ‘Filmstar Bronze & Glow” Face Sculpt & Highlight – Apply this with a fluffy brush in a "3" motion along your hairline, in the hollows of your cheekbones and along your jawline to give your skin some warmth. Using the same brush, apply the shimmer powder to the top of your cheekbones and along the bridge of your nose for the perfect glow.
7) Anastasia Beverly Hills ‘Brow Wiz” Mechanical Pencil – I fell victim to over-plucking in the early 90’s so you will never catch me out of the house without my brows penciled in. Start at the arch and fill in using light brush strokes wherever else is needed. Blend using the brush at the end of the pencil.
8) NARS Blush in Orgasm – I love this color for summer! (pink, grapefruit tones)
9) Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara – Apply two coats
10) A little bit of lip gloss or lipstick – Currently, I’ve been using NYX in ‘Nude Pink’ or Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in ‘Bitch Perfect’. I like natural, warm pinks and orange tones during the summer months and these two colors are my current go-to's.
11) MAC ‘Prep + Prime’ Fix + Finishing Mist – Never leave home without it! It sets your makeup and keeps it intact all day long.
That’s it! This five minute makeup routine will have your skin glowing, will have you looking polished and ready to tackle the day ahead.
Amanda is LH's Total Beauty Mama, wifey to her supportive hubs and a SAHM to twin baby boys. Amanda is a makeup artist (available for bridal & events!) and the secretary for Wish Upon a Wedding NY, a non-profit organization granting wedding "wishes" to couples facing terminal illness. For beauty questions or to book Amanda to look fab, email her!