1. I was born and raised in good old Alexandria, Virginia. Located right next to Washington DC.
2. I am a diehard Redskins fan and to my husband’s dismay, (he’s a Giants fan) both my boys are as well. Nothing like a 3 year old playing "Hail to the Redskins" on YouTube on repeat.
3. My Mother is from Bolivia and is a Hispanic Fire Pistol. She is 1 of 7. 6 girls and 1 boy. My father is a Southern Gentleman from Winston-Salem, NC. Anyone who has met them always thinks they were an odd pair together. Well, they were...lol…they divorced when I was very young.
4. My great, great uncle was the President of Bolivia, René Barrientos. Che Guevara was captured and killed in Bolivia while he was President. Later, René was mysteriously killed in a helicopter crash. My husband didn’t believe me until he Googled it.
5. My sister is 4 years older and I have 2 younger half siblings.
6. When I was about a year old, my mother shaved my head bald. When my father came home, he was horrified. My mother said she did it so that my hair would grow back fuller. It was an old wives tail. She never shaved my sister's. I've never gotten a straight answer as to why I was the only lucky one. Ever since then, when babies are around my mother, we never leave them alone with them...just in case.
7. When I was in 1st grade at summer camp, everyone received prizes for something. I got a prize for the biggest eyes. I cried and cried and was so upset. I wanted to have the same size eyes as everyone else. (LOL!)
8. I went to private Catholic school from 1st grade to 8th grade and I hated every minute of it. I was so excited to go to public high school and not wear the ugly uniform.
9. I HATE reptiles. When I was in 6th grade, a kid brought one to class and was chasing me around with it. The other students held me down and brought the thing to my face. The teachers came in a rescued me, but I am still terrified of them.
10. I was taught to swim by my uncle one summer. I am not a strong swimmer and I still don’t know how to dive. At this point, I am a little terrified to try.
11. I played sports my whole life from elementary school through college. (Basketball, Field Hockey, Baseball, Softball, Track, & Lacrosse) I went to Old Dominion University and was on the Women’s Lacrosse team.
12. My friends and teammates always called me by my maiden name (Crews) or a nickname from that (Crewser), so when I got married it felt strange to lose it…so I didn’t
13. I was a Hibachi Chef at a restaurant in college called Jillian’s. First I was a waitress but being a chef looked like fun and I’m not one to sit on the sidelines.
14. In college, my go-to drunk karaoke song was, "Build Me Up Buttercup." That was my jam!
15. After graduation, I moved to New York City for my internship at Norma Kamali. One day, Norma wanted more of a specific button and didn’t know where she got it. I had to run all around Manhattan going from trim store to trim store looking for that button. Found it at the last store of course!
16. When I moved to New York from Virginia I lived at the 92nd Street Y for 2 months then found a roommate and moved to Greenpoint in Brooklyn. That was before the hipsters moved there. I like to say I was ahead of the trend.
17. I was on the subway going to an interview from Brooklyn to New York when the Great Blackout happened. It was a nightmare. I had to climb out of the subway and walk on a tiny ledge. I could hear rats climbing on the walls…ugh…I grabbed onto a random person that was walking in front of me and held her hand until we exited out of a manhole. Then, I, stocked up on essentials…beer and polish sausages. I did live in Greenpoint, after all.
18. I met my husband at my first job in NYC. The company had a softball team and he was the coach. Needless to say, I got a lot of playing time.
19. On our first date, we did our own bar crawl through Midtown. Dinner was McDonald's on the steps outside of Madison Square Garden. I paid for that luxury dinner.
20. Our first kiss was at the subway station on 34th street. Not sure if it’s cute or gross.
21. We were married twice! The 1st was on March 27, 2007 in Arlington, VA and the next was sometime in May of 2007 in NYC. The reason was that my husband’s uncle, a Deacon in the Catholic church, married us in March, but later when I was updating my driver’s license found out he didn’t file the paperwork needed to for the government! So off to Town Hall we went!
22. I am 1 of 12 grandchildren on my mother side. Only 2, myself and my cousin, don’t live in Virginia. There are 14 great grandkids. On Christmas Eve, every kid (who hasn’t graduated from college) gets a present from every family. Let’s just say the Christmas tree looks like it’s exploding presents!
23. I love all shows Bravo and E!. My dream is to get a ticket to “Watch What Happens Live”! My husband hates it, but I always tell him watching the news depresses me so I'd rather watch nonsense.
24. I was so sick with both my pregnancies. I literally got sick every day until the day I delivered and couldn’t eat or drink a thing. Once they were out, everything was normal. I would do it 100 times over!
25. I am obsessed with the Fifty Shades of Grey books. When Fifty Shades Freed came out, I couldn’t get anyone to come with me so I went alone with a S'well bottle of red wine in tow.